Introduction to Mixed Media
I'm excited to announce this brand new class!
We will be doing three different Mixed Media Paintings
The first painting:
I will demonstrate adding layers of color, texture and dimension with stamps and stencils using Distressed Oxides and Stains over a gesso canvas. Now that we have our background, we will choose an image from my collection of magazines and its time to bring in our focal point and place over our inked background. I like to add a ribbon of acrylic paint behind my image and add some additional stamping. This grounds the image.
The second painting:
I will demonstrate creating a colorful background using acrylic paint on watercolor paper along with some collage paper to add another demension. Once we have our background we will bring in our image. You may draw your image or use some images that I have available in the studio.
The third painting:
I will demonstrate creating an abstract colorful background with acrylic paint on watercolor paper. We will works with a color wheel as our guide along with some inspirational paint swatches. This is a great way to let loose and let the color do the work without having to worry about an image.
I will walk you through the entire process.
No experience necessary!
This class includes:
- Dylusion Inks and distressed oxides & stains
- Community tools, magazines, collage paper, stencils, stamps and water color paper
- prepared decorative canvas ready for inking
Intro to Mixed Media
June 22 (10:00-3:00)
Stephanie Burton Studios
2706 NW 98th Street, Vancouver, WA 98665
Click on this link to find my address: googlemaps.com
- Preferred: CREDIT & DEBIT payments accepted directly through website or via Paypal.
- CHECK payments must be received within 1 weeks of workshops
- Please contact me if you wish to pay by CHECK or CASH at:
Email: email@example.com or