Texture Galore Workshop
Are you interested in dabbling in creating your own texture tools, stamps, surface texture and much more?
Then this workshop is for you!! I will guide you on how to make your own bisque rollers and sprig stamps. We will carve our own stamps and explore creating surface texture with underglazes.
I will introduce Mishima - carving into the surface of the clay. Underglaze will be applied, after a short drying period, the underglaze is wiped or scraped off to reveal the patterns and beneath color of the clay beneath.
I will also introduce Sgraffito (in Italian "to scratch") which is a decorating pottery technique produced by applying layers of underglazes to leather hard pottery and then scratching off parts of the layer(s) to create contrasting images, patterns and texture and reveal the clay color underneath.
Demonstrations will include all of the above. We will then have HANDS ON time to apply some of the techniques that were discussed.
What this class includes:
- Trail Mix Clay (cone 6)
- access to underglazes
- extruded rollers to carve into
- underglazed tiles (leather-hard) available to do Sgrafitto carving
- leather-hard tiles prepared for the Mishima technique
- EZ Kut rubber mats provided to make your own stamps
- coffee, tea and light morning snacks
- bring your lunch
Saturday, June 15th
2706 NW 98th Street, Vancouver, WA 98665
Click on this link to find my address: googlemaps.com
- Preferred: CREDIT & DEBIT payments accepted directly through website or via Paypal.
- CHECK payments must be received within 1 weeks of workshops
- Please contact me if you wish to pay by CHECK or CASH at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or